Leadership Academy – DAY SEVEN of EIGHT
7310 Miramar Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
The Leadership Academy is designed to prepare California’s public leaders to lead organizations in complex, highly-charged political environments. In addition, the program provides public agencies with the means to meet their succession planning goals through the professional development of their managers. The program is comprised of four 2-day modules over the course of eight months. A unique element of the program is the requirement for participants to complete a major work-related project under the guidance of a sponsor from their home organization.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate high levels of public service commitment, personal integrity, and continuous learning
- Effectively align resources and lead people to accomplish goals
- Practice results-driven management
- Lead agency processes to establish goals, measure and report on performance and outcomes, and act as effective change agents
- Meet organizational goals through effective planning
- Participate in a network of public leaders and managers as members of the American Academy of Certified Public Managers (AACPM)
This course is designed for employees in high level management or leadership roles who want to take their skills and impact to the next level and influence outcome based community results. Ideally graduates of the Management Academy or equivalent leadership development program.
*Cost includes eight days of classroom sessions, 360-degree assessment, coaching session, support with capstone project, breakfast and lunch each day, graduation certificate, and a peer network to last a lifetime!