PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANT’S ACADEMY – SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY – (PRIVATE EVENT)
The Professional Assistant’s Academy was developed based on input from executive secretaries, administrative assistants, clerical assistants, and chief executives in several organizations. It has been successfully pilot-tested in a large and medium-sized organization. The Academy varies in length depending on whether it is conducted regionally or in-house.
The curriculum includes presentations and group activities on the following topics:
- The changing role of the Office Professional
- Understanding interpersonal style differences
- Creating a positive image
- Service orientation
- Organizational savvy
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Writing, proofing, and editing lab
- Career management
- Communication skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.