“This academy gave me the boost I needed to feel ready for my recent promotion.”
– Aimee Leighton, Academy Graduate/Finance Director
Leading today has a different set of challenges and opportunities than leading just a couple years ago. If you are someone working to affect change and influence others in this ever-evolving environment, then the Leadership Academy is for you.
The focus of the Leadership Academy is all about INFLUENCE. What change do you want to create in your agency or community? What influence do you need to make this happen? How is your purpose connected to your day-to-day work? How might you navigate the political landscape to affect meaningful change?
We have an exciting lineup of applied and experiential learning intended to integrate into your work-life over the course of the next six months. A list of some of the hands-on activities and learning that participants will enjoy is included in the sidebar to the right.
Participants will receive resources to extend their learning beyond the classroom, participate in a one-on-one coaching session to deepen their awareness of their strengths and unique leadership style, and complete a capstone project (as an individual or a team) that has impact on their organization or community.
For those who have attended The Centre’s Supervisor Academy and Public Management Academy (or equivalent), the Leadership Academy is the final step in achieving the nationally recognized Certified Public Manager® credential.
- Navigate the Political Landscape: Learn from Public Sector Leaders and Leadership Academy Graduates
- Dynamic Leadership
- Build Influence and Strategic Relationships
- Deepen Self-Awareness: Unlock Your 34 Strengths
- Enhance Emotional Intelligence Skills for Impactful Influence
- Gain Feedback about Your Unique Leadership Style (through a newly designed 360-degree assessment)
- The Future of Work and Leading Teams of Today
- Building Connections and Navigating Conflict
- Deliver Powerhouse Presentations – Understand How Elected Officials Think, Science Behind Storytelling, and Your Individual Presentation Style
- Set Goals for Your Continued Learning Journey
- Graduate and Present Your Capstone Project
Dates: Must attend all dates.
- October 3, 18, & 19, 2023
- November 8 & 9, 2023
- December 7, 2023
- January 11, 2024
- February 29, 2024
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm each day
Location: Metro Biosolids Center, 5240 Convoy Street, San Diego, CA 92111
Cost: $3,199 (includes 360-Assessment, Full 34 Strengths Assessment, and Certificate)
Sign up by Wednesday, August 30, 2023!