The Public Management Academy is built on competencies found to be critical for leaders to succeed in public organizations. While some sessions focus on specific skill development, emphasis is placed on developing a “big picture” approach. The result is the creation of a cohort of public leaders who look more deeply at their responsibilities from an organization-wide perspective.
The Academy features learning modules facilitated by expert faculty, and an array of engaging activities, including participant project teams. Participants will take a variety of assessments that will provide insight into their leadership style and to identify areas for personal and professional development.
Pre-Work: Participants complete a 360-degree Competency Instrument (with input from their supervisor, peers, and direct reports) to assess their current levels of performance on the competencies on which this program is built.
2023 Dates: Must attend all dates.
- February 28
- March 1, 29, 30
- April 12 and 13
- May 10 and 11
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Mitchell Room at City of Escondido; 201 N. Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025
Sign up by Friday, February 3, 2023!
- Purpose Driven Leadership
- Creating Connections in a Complex World
- Discover Your Strengths – CliftonStrengths
- Competency Instrument
- Building Strategic High Performing Teams
- The Intersection of Conflict and Coaching
- Breaking Through Bias Blind Spots
- Being Inclusive in a Hybrid World
- The Tug and Pull of Leadership
- Building a Legacy – The Road Ahead & Graduation