The Public Management Academy is built on competencies found to be critical for leaders to succeed in public organizations. While some sessions focus on specific skill development, emphasis is placed on developing a “big picture” approach. The result is the creation of a cohort of public leaders who look more deeply at their responsibilities from an organization-wide perspective.
The Academy features learning modules facilitated by expert faculty, and an array of engaging activities, including participant project teams. Participants will take a variety of assessments that will provide insight into their leadership style and to identify areas for personal and professional development.
Pre-Work: Participants complete a 360-degree Competency Instrument (with input from their supervisor, peers, and direct reports) to assess their current levels of performance on the competencies on which this program is built.
2022 Dates: Must attend all dates.
- February 1, 2, 9, 16, 23
- March 15, 16, 23, 30
- April 6, 13, 19, 26
- May 4
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Sign up by Friday, January 21, 2022!
- What is Leadership Today?
- Who Am I As a Leader?
- The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Healthy Conflict
- Psychological Safety for Team Effectiveness
- Competency Instrument
- Coaching for Performance Management
- Strategic Relationships and Influence
- Leader as Coach for Development
- Effective Business and Report Writing
- Compassionate Leadership
- Career Management
- The Brain Science of High Performing Teams
- Four Gates to Peak Team Performance ®